HUD issued implementation guidance for HOTMA sections 102 and 104, this training has been updated for the latest HOTMA implementation notice.
Upon completion of HCV Specialist, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to determining eligibility, the intake process, occupancy, and rent calculation in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Identify and explain key program components
- Describe factors of eligibility, waiting list requirements, and preferences
- Describe and explain the process of voucher issuance
- Describe the various aspects of the leasing process in its entirety
- Analyze and describe the processes associated with annual activities
- Describe and analyze reasons for terminations and the informal hearing process
- Explain and discuss the concept of portability, the challenges it presents, and the expectations for housing authorities on both ends of the process
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate gross rent and maximum rent at initial occupancy
- Calculate the HAP and family share for an HCV family using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Calculate prorated rent for mixed families
Opportunity Home San Antonio
820 S. Flores
San Antonio, TX 78204
Our apologies, registration for this training is now closed.